For play submissions, we currently accept
- Unsolicited work from any playwright currently living in Chicago or its immediate environs
- Agent submissions (no more than 2/agent at a time). Please contact the AD before submitting
- Blind submissions if you aren't one of the above (representative pages). We have no dedicated staff and so cannot guarantee to read unsolicited work from non-Chicago playwrights.
We are currently accepting resumes and letters of interest for our production/design teams for our 2021 production of Who's Holiday by Matthew Lombardo.
At this point, we are accepting resumes for all shows for Scenic, Lighting, Costume, Properties, and Sound Designers
We are also accepting AEA applications for Stage Managers.
Director: Christopher Pazdernik
Rehearsals start November 1, 2021
Load-in November 15, 2021
Tech: November 22, 2021
Opening November 30, 2021
Strike December 27, 2021
You'll need the following:
- Production history (including significant workshops)
- Short plot synopsis
- Character Breakdown
- 20 sample pages (or the whole script, in which case we'll read the front!)
- This page is only for playwrights based in Chicago. If you are an out-of-town writer, please contact Artistic Director Jeremy Wechsler (jeremy at theaterwit dot org) with a query letter.
- We can only accept one work at a time from you. Pick the one you feel is the best match for Theater Wit. Multiple submissions are therefore ignored. Please don't send us your catalog :)
- We do not accept works that have already received a full production in the Chicagoland area. Second productions from out-of-town theaters are a-ok.