For play submissions, we currently accept
- Unsolicited work from any playwright currently living in Chicago or its immediate environs
- Agent submissions (no more than 2/agent at a time). Please contact the AD before submitting
- Blind submissions if you aren't one of the above (representative pages). We have no dedicated staff and so cannot guarantee to read unsolicited work from non-Chicago playwrights.
Hi all! I am looking for an assistant director for our production of Hurricane Diane by Madeleine George. And it's coming right up!
The position is paid $1750. You'll be:
- Attending rehearsals as possible between 5/23 and 6/6
- Attending all technical rehearsals and previews (6/13-6/26)
- Taking notes (for me and from you)
- Running some post-show discussions
- Run understudy rehearsals (one/week)
- Run put-in rehearsals (as necessary)
Rehearsals are likely to be afternoon-evening on weekdays (We-Fri) and 10-6 on weekends.
Artistic Director, Theater Wit
- This page is only for playwrights based in Chicago. If you are an out-of-town writer, please contact Artistic Director Jeremy Wechsler (jeremy at theaterwit dot org) with a query letter.
- We can only accept one work at a time from you. Pick the one you feel is the best match for Theater Wit. Multiple submissions are therefore ignored. Please don't send us your catalog :)
- We do not accept works that have already received a full production in the Chicagoland area. Second productions from out-of-town theaters are a-ok.