For play submissions, we currently accept
- Unsolicited work from any playwright currently living in Chicago or its immediate environs
- Agent submissions (no more than 2/agent at a time). Please contact the AD before submitting
- Blind submissions if you aren't one of the above (representative pages). We have no dedicated staff and so cannot guarantee to read unsolicited work from non-Chicago playwrights.
This Way Outta Santaland
Director: Jeremy Wechsler
Rehearsals start November 14, 2017
Load-in/Tech November 20, 2017
Opening November 24, 2017
Strike December 31, 2017
The Antelope Play
by Eric John Meyer
Director: Jeremy Wechsler
Rehearsals start December 19, 2018.
Load-in December 18, 2018
Tech January 1 though January 14, 2018
Opening January 15, 2018
Close Date February 25, 2018
Women Laughing Alone with Salad
by Sheila Callaghan
Director: Devon de Mayo
Rehearsals begin February 20, 2018
Load-in February 26, 2018
Tech March 5 through March 18, 2018
Opening March March 19, 2018
We are currently accepting resumes and letters of interest for Joshua Harmon's Admissions
At this point, we are accepting resumes for all shows for Scenic, Lighting, Costume, Properties, and Sound Designers.
Director: Jeremy Wechsler
Rehearsals start March 4, 2019
Load-in starts March 11, 2019
Tech March 18-24, 2019
Tech / PReviews March 25-31, 2019
Opening April 1, 2019
Working in partnership with the Producing Artistic Director, the Director of Development and Engagement will oversee and ensure the timely and effective execution of development activities related to individual, foundation, and corporate fundraising through traditional appeals and new engagement strategies. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Working with staff and board to develop and adopt annual development plans and coordinating efforts to reach established goals and objectives.
- Creating high quality communications in print and digital forms that reflect the values and tone of the organization, while accomplishing identified goals.
- Managing the research, identification, writing, submission, and acknowledgement of grant applications and awards. Acting as liaison to program officers.
- Creating and implementing objectives related to individual giving, such as prospect research, identification, development, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship.
- Writing and distributing gift acknowledgement letters in a timely, professional and personal manner
- Creating and writing appeal letter packages, email solicitations, event invitations, and donor newsletters.
- Managing the mailing and distribution of all development communications.
- Coordinating and attending stewardship and fundraising events with staff, board and volunteers.
- Managing the donor database: enter and protect donor information, create and analyze donor reports to evaluate initiatives and set goals.
- Facilitating board involvement in fundraising and implementing moves management processes.
- Attending board meetings and reporting on development activities.
- Analyzing and projecting development income and expenses for annual budgets, special projects and related programming.
- Collaborating on projects and events with other staff, board and volunteers related to development and operations.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work efficiently with detail under time constraints
- Strong writing skills for communicating with a variety of constituents
- Strong interpersonal skills required to collaborate with staff, board and donors
- Ability to effectively prioritize and work independently and as a team member
- Willingness to assume responsibility and follow-through.
- Passion for the arts
- Strong computer skills including Excel-or-equivalent (Salesforce a plus but not required)
- 2-3 years experience in not-for-profit fundraising and development work, with experience in Chicago a plus.
Competetive salary offered, commensurate with experience
Hi all! I am looking for an assistant director for our production of The Realistic Joneses by Will Eno.
The position is unpaid, but I will try and make it entertaining. You'll be
- Attending all rehearsals and design meetings
- Taking notes (for me and from you)
- Attend playwright and outreach events surrounding the show
- Running some post-show discussions
- Run understudy rehearsals
Design meetings are underway. Rehearsal is chiefly evenings and weekends starting December 19. The show opens Jan 22nd and runs through March 9th.
You'll need the following:
- Production history (including significant workshops)
- Short plot synopsis
- Character Breakdown
- 20 sample pages (or the whole script, in which case we'll read the front!)
- This page is only for playwrights based in Chicago. If you are an out-of-town writer, please contact Artistic Director Jeremy Wechsler (jeremy at theaterwit dot org) with a query letter.
- We can only accept one work at a time from you. Pick the one you feel is the best match for Theater Wit. Multiple submissions are therefore ignored. Please don't send us your catalog :)
- We do not accept works that have already received a full production in the Chicagoland area. Second productions from out-of-town theaters are a-ok.