Thanks for your interest in working with Theater Wit
For play submissions, we currently accept
- Unsolicited work from any playwright currently living in Chicago or its immediate environs
- Agent submissions (no more than 2/agent at a time). Please contact the AD before submitting
- Blind submissions if you aren't one of the above (representative pages). We have no dedicated staff and so cannot guarantee to read unsolicited work from non-Chicago playwrights.
For all other positions, please review any job-specific and submission requirements on the submission detail.
Theater Wit seeks experienced Scenic, Lighting, Sound, Costumes, Properties, and Violence Designers to join our team for our upcoming 2023 production of The Whistleblower written by Itamar Moses, directed by Jeremy Wechsler. More information about the company/season and staff please, visit our website – www.theaterwit.org
Theater Wit requires proof of vaccination for all employees and follows all local, state, CDC and Actor Equity guidelines.
Load-in: Monday, April 10th, 2023 - Sunday, April 16th, 2023
Designer Run: Thursday, April 27th, 2023 at 7 PM
Tech: Tuesday, May 2nd, 2023 through May 6th, 2023
First Preview: Friday, May 5th, 2022 at 7:00 PM
Opening: Monday, May 15th, 2023
Closing: Saturday, June 17th, 2023
Strike: Sunday, June 18th, 2023
- This page is only for playwrights based in Chicago. If you are an out-of-town writer, please contact Artistic Director Jeremy Wechsler (jeremy at theaterwit dot org) with a query letter.
- We can only accept one work at a time from you. Pick the one you feel is the best match for Theater Wit. Multiple submissions are therefore ignored. Please don't send us your catalog :)
- We do not accept works that have already received a full production in the Chicagoland area. Second productions from out-of-town theaters are a-ok.