Theater Wit seeks Production and Facilities Manager
Equal Employment Opportunity
Theater Wit is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.
Job Description: The Production Manager is responsible for coordinating all production-specific activities with the producer and artistic team as well as overseeing building operations for renters.
Overall, the PM is primarily responsible for the theater production's budget and allocation of resources. Production managers create timelines for work completion and schedule meetings with different production departments (e.g. technical, costume, set, and lighting design).
- Tracks and enforces allocated budget and purchase approvals
- Provides all expense financial reporting back to producer bi-weekly.
- Sets up required crew and transport for load-in and strike
- Coordinates bi-monthly production meetings
- Facilitates communication between different production departments
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements for the design and crew are strictly followed.
- Schedules rehearsal space.
- And, of course, dealing with all those unexpected problems that may arise.
- Organizes work for facilities upkeep and maintenance.
- Acts as a point person for technical requests from renters
- Manages rental inventory
- Checks in renters and verifies equipment return
- Organizes team of 1-3 freelance electricians and board ops for incidental work and special events.
- Responsible for creating upkeep and maintenance strategy into annual budgetary requests.
Salary: $34,500 annual. Two weeks vacation. Health care is not available with this position.
By and large, this is a flexible schedule, but does have fixed time commitments at certain points (Strikes, tech weeks for internal productions). It is our intent to hire a single staff member for all three productions in the 2021/22 season. But consideration will be given to qualified applicants who are partially available for the below schedule.
Pre-production starts July 1st
Pre-production starts July 30
Pre-Production starts December 15